MABR Adventures in a Backpack
Helping Youth connect with nature in the MABR's Amazing Places
These Adventures in a Backpack were inspired by the Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve, which launched its Amazing Places initiative several years ago. The goal of these adventures is to help families, youth, and teachers use the Amazing Places as educational sites where kids and teens can discover and appreciate nature and science through outdoor recreation and exploration.
The Mount Arrowsmith Biosphere Region's (MABR) Adventures in a Backpack are original creations, developed specifically for the 10 Amazing Places in our region. These activities were produced by undergraduate students from two Environmental Stewardship classes at Vancouver Island University under the leadership of Dr. Aggie Weighill. A special thanks to the students who have allowed us to share these adventures with you!
Click on the links below to download adventures:
- Cathedral Grove Scavenger Hunt by Megan Fortune - fun for families
- Exploring Little Qualicum Falls by Darryl Uhlmann - fun for 11+ years
- Milner Bug Hunt by Colin Tearoe - fun for 6+ years
- Notch Navigator (Notch Hill) by Taisa Andrushko - fun for 7-12 years
- Our Tree-mendous Forests (Heritage Forest) by Kenzie Schroeder - fun for 6-12 years